Since my birthday is this month, birthdays have been on my mind. Pretty much every card I have made this last week are all birthday related (plus I’m still in love with the It’s My Party DSP…and sad to see it go at the end of the month). Check out the fun card below, using the Butterfly Thinlit Dies and Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set.
Stamps: Endless Birthday Wishes
Paper: Whisper White Cardstock, It’s My Party Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
Other: Big Shot™, Big Shot Magnetic Platform, Butterflies Thinlit Dies, Stampin’ Trimmer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Fast Fuse Adhesive or SNAIL Permanent Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Clear Block C and D
Whisper White: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” (card base), and 4-3/4” x 3-1/2”
It’s My Party DSP: 5-1/4” x 4”
- Score Whisper White Cardstock on the long side at 4-1/4” and fold along the score line to create the card base.
- Adhere DSP piece (the multicolor confetti/star pattern is used here) to base.
- Take the Whisper White Cardstock piece and determine placement of the medium butterfly thinlit (towards the top and centered here). Run paper and die through the Big Shot using the Magnetic Platform to keep everything in place. Set aside the butterfly outline for now.
- Stamp “happy birthday” using the Melon Mambo ink pad just below the butterfly cutout on the white cardstock.
- Using dimensionals, adhere the stamped/die cut piece, centered on the DSP.
- Lay the butterfly outline shape on scrap paper, and “color” all over using the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to add some fun sparkle to it.
- Adhere butterfly piece with a dimensional (cut to a smaller size) on the body only (not on the wings) and place back inside where it was die cut from. Leave the wings popped up from the card. (See the photo below for a better look)
In the next photo, you can just make out the sparkle on the butterfly outline. I love how easy it is to add a touch of sparkle without the mess by using the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.
The It’s My Party DSP is the only item from this card that is retiring at the end of the month. Be sure to grab some before it’s gone (and pick up some other goodies, too)! Click here to go straight to the retiring products page of my SU store.
I’ll be back with more birthday cards next week!
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com