It is always fun to participate in team card swaps! I joined in for a swap last month where the focus was on new stamp sets in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog and Beginner Brochure. I chose to use the Cute Fruit stamp set for my cards – this set can be found in the Beginner Brochure.
Check out the supplies and instructions below to learn how to make this bright and fruity card.
- Cute Fruit Collection
- Cute Fruit Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Pacific Point 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Thick Cardstock
- Poppy Parade Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Pad
- Pacific Point Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush
- Frost White Shimmer Paint
- Stampin’ Spritzer
- Lovely Labels Pick A Punch
- Paper Trimmer
- Paper Snips
- Bone Folder
- Stampin’ Seal
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Clear Block C
- Clear Block D
- Clear Block E
To make the card base, cut a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock to 11″ x 4-1/4″ and score/fold at 5-1/2″ on the long side. For the stamped layer, cut a 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the fruit images randomly over the white cardstock, starting with the larger images and filling in with the smaller ones.
The colors used here are:
- Poppy Parade (inside watermelon)
- Flirty Flamingo (inside grapefruit)
- Daffodil Delight (outside grapefruit and pineapple)
- Granny Apple Green (outside watermelon and pineapple stem)
- Pacific Point (blueberries)
To add some shimmer, brush the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush over the stamped images. It is hard to capture in photos, but the glitter is there. Tip: work slowly and start with the lighter ink colored images then do the darker colored images (I noticed slight ink bleeding with my Pacific Point and Poppy Parade colors).
My glitter brush ran out part way through working on this stack of cards, so I had to improvise. I shared in an Instagram post a few weeks ago how I used the Frost White Shimmer Paint to add some shimmer to the rest of the cards.
Layer the stamped fruit piece on a 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ piece of Pacific Point cardstock. Then adhere to the card front.
For the sentiment, stamp on a 1/2″ strip of Whisper White cardstock with Pacific Point ink. Trim the strip to your desired length and punch both ends with the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. Add the sentiment piece to the card just above center using Mini Dimensionals.
The Cute Fruit stamp set can be used to make a variety of stamped layers (and not all have to be fruity). I used many of the same images and colors as above (added in Mango Melody, Coastal Cabana, and Gorgeous Grape) to make these other patterns. To get the two-tone colors on the left side designs, I did the stamping off technique. I first stamped the outside image with the ink color. Then I inked up the inside image with the same ink color but stamped off on some scrap paper before stamping inside the matching image (without reinking).
What would you make with this fun Cute Fruit stamp set?Product List