Today I want to share with you a birthday card I made for a challenge from my demonstrator group. We had to create a card based on inspiration from the new catalog (coming soon!). I decided to make a birthday card because I am loving the Party Wishes stamp set and the fun papers in the It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack. I chose the mint macaron striped paper from the pack for this particular card. Want to make your own? Follow the instructions below to make one with me!
Stamps: Party Wishes
Paper: Crumb Cake Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, It’s My Party Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Mint Macaron Classic Stampin’ Pad, Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad
Other: It’s My Party Designer Washi Tape, Silver Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Trimmer, Fast Fuse Adhesive or SNAIL Permanent Adhesive, Glue Dots, Clear Block D
Crumb Cake: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” (card base)
It’s My Party DSP: 2-3/4” x 5-1/2”
Whisper White: 2-1/2” x 4-1/2”
- Score Crumb Cake Cardstock on the long side at 4-1/4” and fold along the score line to create the card base.
- Adhere DSP piece (the mint macaron diagonal stripe is used here) to base, about a quarter inch from the left side (folded edge).
- To make the banner: take the Whisper White Cardstock piece, measure 1” up from the center of the short side and make a small mark. Then, draw a straight line form the mark to the corner on each side. Cut along both lines to remove the small triangle piece to create the banner.
- Using the birthday cake image form the Party Wishes stamp set and Mint Macaron ink pad, ink your stamp and “stamp off” on scrap paper, and before washing the stamp, stamp the image towards the bottom of the banner piece (this creates a lighter color image to stamp on top of). Repeat this process with the 5 candles image, and stamp just above the cake image. Then, stamp the “make a wish” image on top of the cake image using the Melon Mambo ink pad.
- Adhere banner piece to card by overlapping it on the DSP piece.
- Tear a small piece of the It’s My Party Washi Tape (the melon mambo design is used here) and place at the very top of both paper pieces.
- Make a small bow using the Silver Baker’s Twine and adhere with a glue dot on top of the washi tape.
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com
Some of the products used above are retiring at the end of May (as supplies last), so be sure to grab them before they’re gone. Click here to see the full list of retiring products.