Welcome to the PPX Crew Monthly Blog Hop! The PPX stands for Paper Pumpkin Exclusives. And the PPX Crew is a small group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators who have gathered together to provide our subscribers and team members exclusive project ideas featuring the Paper Pumpkin kits. We also have a blog hop to share more project ideas with everyone! Continue reading to see the project I made for the hop, find links to the blogs of the other PPX Crew members, and learn more about the next kit (today is the last day to subscribe – details at the end of this post).
Today’s hop features the February 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit – Safari Celebration. This kit came with materials to make 9 cards with decorated envelopes. I cut a section from a few of the preprinted card bases to make a new card – perfect for a birthday!
To begin, I cut off a section from three of the preprinted card bases to get three 2″ x 3-1/2″ pieces (one Fresh Freesia, one Soft Succulent, and one Bumblebee). I layered these at different angles on a Blackberry Bliss card base.
Next, I adhered one of the vellum circles to the center of the card. Since the middle area will be covered up, I just ran some adhesive in that part, making sure I didn’t get too close to the edges.
Then, I stamped the sentiment and cupcake on the banner piece. On the backside, I ran some adhesive along the top and bottom edges so that I could have some leaves poking out from both of those areas. This piece was then added over the vellum circle with Dimensionals.
Using the Take Your Pick Tool, I added some of the “rock” embellishments to the card front.
For the inside of the card, I cut a 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ piece of white cardstock. Along the bottom edge, I stamped the cupcake image multiple times. On the backside, I ran some adhesive along the top so I could have a few more leaves poking out from that area. Finally, I added this piece to the inside of the card.
Thank you for hopping to my site and checking out my project! Follow the links below to check out more great projects featuring the February 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit – Safari Celebration.
PPX Crew Blog Hop List
The Next Paper Pumpkin Kit
Today is the last day to subscribe to receive the March 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit – Beyond the Horizon. And if your subscription is through me, you’ll be able to enjoy the exclusive video tutorials from me and the other demos who make up the PPX Crew!
Details for the March 2022 Kit:
- This month’s kit contains enough elements to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes. This all-inclusive kit includes printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, and more!
- The Beyond the Horizon Paper Pumpkin Kit includes a Misty Moonlight Classic Stampin’ Spot!
- This kit’s stamp set is perfect for any occasion. With sentiments that say “thanks,” “hello,” “thinking of you,” and so many more, you’ll be able to use this stamp set year-round.
- And if you thought one stamp set was great just wait—this month’s kit comes with a BONUS stamp set for FREE! That’s two stamp sets in one kit! It’s our way of saying THANK YOU to you our Paper Pumpkin subscribers.
- That’s not all! This kit perfectly coordinates with the New Horizons Suite Collection in our January–June 2022 Mini Catalog Which means even more exclusive elegant watercolor designs curated by our in-house artists just for you!
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Evening Evergreen, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Pale Papaya
Need some supplies?
Click the button below to shop current Stampin’ Up! products used in this project.