Welcome to the PPX Crew Monthly Blog Hop! The PPX stands for Paper Pumpkin Exclusives. And the PPX Crew is a small group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators who have gathered together to provide our subscribers and team members exclusive project ideas featuring the Paper Pumpkin kits. We also have a blog hop to share more project ideas with everyone! Continue reading to see the project I made for the hop, find links to the blogs of the other PPX Crew members, and learn more about the next kit (today is the last day to subscribe – details at the end of this post).
Today’s hop features the January 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit – Kisses & Hugs. This kit came with materials to make 10 heart cards with decorated envelopes. I cut apart a few of the cards and turned them into a banner. It’s the perfect decoration for Valentine’s Day coming up!
To begin, I cut some of the heart cards apart so that I had 13 panels. This amount fits well on a length of ribbon about 7 feet long (with enough ribbon on the ends to hang it up). You could adjust the number of hearts and ribbon length to fit your space.
Next, I used a hole punch to punch two holes on each heart. Once I had the placement figured out for one heart, I used that one as a template to punch the others.
Then I stamped and decorated each panel similar to how the kit intended. I added in the “Happy Valentine’s Day” stamp from the Sweet Conversations stamp set for the center heart. To get the words stacked on top of each other, I inked up one word with the Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Write Marker and stamped it down. Then cleaned the stamp and repeated the process with the other two words.
I also used the Flirty Flamingo ink pad to stamp the other words and shapes. And, I used the Sweet Hearts Dies and Gold Foil Paper to add a few little hearts.
Scroll through the images below to see a close-up of each heart panel.
Finally, I strung the finished hearts on a 7-foot length of the 1/4 Gold Shimmer Ribbon and hung it up on my mantel. I realized later that I forgot to add the sequins from the kit, so the banner is missing some sparkle. But all the gold foil accents make it shiny!
Thank you for hopping to my site and checking out my project! Follow the links below to check out more great projects featuring the January 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit – Kisses & Hugs.
PPX Crew Blog Hop List
The Next Paper Pumpkin Kit
Today is the last day to subscribe to receive the February 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit – Safari Celebration. And if your subscription is through me, you’ll be able to enjoy the exclusive video tutorials from me and the other demos who make up the PPX Crew!
Details for the February 2022 Kit:
- This month’s kit contains enough elements to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes. This all-inclusive kit includes printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, and more!
- The Safari Celebration Paper Pumpkin Kit includes a Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin’ Spot!
- This kit’s stamp set is an uplifting one! Make every occasion a celebration with sentiments that say “yay!”, “fantastic!”, and other fun phrases.
- Explore each of our current In Color collections with this colorful kit! Discover designs and paper pieces in Bumblebee (a 2020–2022 In Color), Fresh Freesia (a 2021–2023 In Color), and Soft Succulent (a 2021–2023 In Color).
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Bumblebee, Fresh Freesia, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Succulent, Soft Suede
Need some supplies?
Click the button below to shop current Stampin’ Up! products used in this project.