Welcome to the PPX Crew Monthly Blog Hop! The PPX stands for Paper Pumpkin Exclusives. And the PPX Crew is a small group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators who have gathered together to provide our subscribers and team members exclusive project ideas featuring the Paper Pumpkin kits. We also have a blog hop to share more project ideas with everyone! Continue reading to see the project I made for the hop, find links to the blogs of the other PPX Crew members, and learn more about the next kit (today is the last day to subscribe – details at the end of this post).
Today’s hop features the May 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit – Celebrate In Color. This kit came with materials to make 10 cards, featuring the 5 new 2022-2024 In Colors, with decorated envelopes. I used the envelopes to make some Envelope Flap Fun Fold Cards.
To make the base of this card, I cut an 8-1/2″ x 11″ sheet of Thick Basic White cardstock to 5-1/2″ x 11″ (for the base) and 1″ x 11″ (for the belly band). On the base piece, I scored at 4-3/16″ and 8-7/16″ (on the long side). On the belly band piece, I scored at 3-5/16″ and 7-11/16″ (on the long side).
Next, I cut apart 5 envelopes (one of each In Color) by trimming off about a 1/8″ from the left and right sides to easily open up the envelopes. Then I trimmed around the rectangle portion (resulting in a piece that measures 4-3/8″ x 5-1/4″) and the envelope flap (just under 5-1/4″ wide).
For the envelope flap pieces, I used the large flat Water Painter brush to get the adhesive part wet and stuck it down in my bucket of Gilded Leafing. I used an old sponge to brush off any extra leafing. For any open spots, I repeated this process until it was pretty much covered. This was an easy way to add some embellishment to the card and make sure the adhesive part doesn’t get sticky later.
To decorate the card base, I folded along the score lines so that the larger section folds up and the smaller section folds down over the larger section (making a horizontal card). I glued the envelope flap piece to the smaller section and trimmed off the extra card base portion sticking out. And, using one of those scrap pieces, I glued it to the back side of the tip of the envelope piece (since the envelope flap is a little longer than the section on the card base) and trimmed off the extra. Then I glued the rectangular envelop piece to the larger section of the card base.
For the inside of the card, I stamped “HAPPY” on a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of white cardstock using Basic Gray ink (stamped off one time to give a lighter look). Then I colored in the letters with the light and dark Stampin’ Blends to match the In Color of the envelope pieces. It may be a little hard to tell in the photos, but I colored the letters with the darker Blends on the bottom half and the lighter Blends on the top half, blending in the middle.
This stamped piece is added to a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of In Color cardstock (again, matching colors) and then adhered to the inside (center section) of the card.
For the belly band, I folded along both score lines and added some Tear & Tape along the overlapping part of one of the strips to glue it closed.
Then I die cut the scalloped circle from the All That Dies from the matching In Color cardstock. I used the splatter stamp and matching In Color ink to stamp a few splatters on the circle piece.
I also stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white cardstock using the Basic Gray ink. Using the Paper Snips, I cut out each word and then glued the words onto the circle piece.
With the belly band centered across the card, I adhered the circle piece to the band just below the center (making it appear like a seal over the point of the envelope flap part).
Scroll through the images below to see each In Color card!
Thank you for hopping to my site and checking out my project! Follow the links below to check out more great projects featuring the May 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit – Celebrate In Color.
PPX Crew Blog Hop List
The Next Paper Pumpkin Kit
Today is the last day to subscribe to receive the June 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit – Pick of the Crop. And if your subscription is through me, you’ll be able to enjoy the exclusive video tutorials from me and the other demos who make up the PPX Crew!
Details for the June 2022 Kit:
- This month’s kit contains enough elements to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes. This all-inclusive kit includes printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, adhesive, and more!
- The Pick of the Crop Paper Pumpkin Kit includes a Calypso Coral Classic Stampin’ Spot!
- This kit’s stamp set is perfect for expressing your love, gratitude, and style. With sentiments that say “Love you a whole bunch”, “You’re the pick of the crop”, “You are the sweetest,” and so many more, you’ll be able to use this photopolymer stamp set for all of your summer projects.
- This kit also includes specialty vellum pieces to add a fresh touch to your cards.
- And you’ll get a Mini Shopping Bag (5-3/8″ x 6″; 13.7 x 15.2 cm) which can be used to hold a couple of cards for a unique craft element. (Additional bags are available to purchase separately.)
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Night of Navy, Soft Succulent
Mini Shopping Bags Add-On Details:
- Item Number: 161922
- Item Price: $13.00 USD
- Available for purchase on stampinup.com (tentative 17 June 2022)
- You must be a current Paper Pumpkin subscriber to purchase this item.
- Includes 4 mini canvas bags.
- You can fit a couple of cards in each bag. Perfect for a fun twist on card packaging!
- Stamp or color on the bags for a personalized touch.
- Mini Shopping Bag size: 5-3/8″ x 6″ (13.7 x 15.2 cm)
Need some supplies?
Click the button below to shop current Stampin’ Up! products used in this project.